A Designer with Passion
New York City Interior Designer Carolyn Tierney, ASID, CSBA
Carolyn Tierney specializes in designing beautiful, sustainable homes while making each home distinctly personal to each client’s tastes. From her experience as an interior designer to her education at Parson’s School of Design, Carolyn Tierney is one of the most unique designers in New York City – her mission being to continually provide each and every client a home they love.
- Professional Member (ASID) of American Society of Interior Design
- Certified Interior Designer with the National Council for Interior Design Qualification
- Certified Sustainable Building Advisor (CSBA)
- Certified Greenleader AP with Sustainable Furniture Council
Devoting her craft to residential interior design and developing and nurturing the sustainable principals of design, Ms. Tierney’s vision and years of experience has accounted for many satisfied clients. Ms. Tierney has and continues to devote herself as a responsible interior designer by working with fabricators and suppliers who together are improving their practices to meet the demands of the ever changing environment and their client’s needs.
Training has involved course work and licensing exams to obtain certification thru the following organizations:
- Sustainable Furniture Council (SFC.org)
- Sustainable Building Advisor Institute (SBAinstitute.com)
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ.org)
Her expertise has brought her to be a guest lecturer at Parson’s School of Design to a National Representative on the ASID Sustainable Design Council to a co-chair for the ASID NY Metro Chapter Sustainability and Universal Design Committee. She is also an active member of USGBC.